E-tooning is the process of tooning a car via email.
* Your car will be perfectly safe to drive during the process. You can commute to work as normal. *
- Purchase the toon here: https://phatbottituning.com/store
- Order the tune 5 days before you plan to install your parts. The goal is to have the map in your possession before you start installing parts. This will ensure that your car will be drivable. You DO NOT want to install your parts first and be waiting on a map when you need your car to drive to work.
- The base map and detailed instructions will be emailed to you within 3 business days. Weekends and holidays are not included in the 3 days, so if you order a tune late Friday, Saturday or Sunday then you will have the map by Wednesday.
- Download the map to your computer, load it onto the AP, then flash it to the vehicle.
- You will do 1 cruising log and 1 3rd gear wide open throttle log.
- You will transfer the logs from the AP to your computer and email them to me.
- I analyze the logs, make changes to the map and email you back a new revision.
- You will flash the new map to the car and do another cruise log and wot log.
- This process is repeated ~10-15 times (depends on mods, troubleshooting issues, etc).
- Cobb Access Port
- 4 week time limit. Timer starts on the purchase date.
- No auto's or CVT's
- No catless cars
- No TGV or EGR deletes
- Do not purchase the toon if you are still buying parts or still waiting on shipping information
- Do not purchase the toon if you are going on deployment in a week
- Do not purchase the toon if you are going on vacation in a week
- Do not purchase the toon if you do not have a safe place to do wide open throttle pulls
- Do not purchase the toon if you do not have email
- Do not purchase the toon if you do not have a computer to transfer maps and logs to/from the Access Port
- I do NOT plan sales.
- If you email me asking about my next sale, you are not likely to get a response.
- Sale ending deadlines are strictly enforced. I understand it sucks, but it has to be done. If the sale price is given to 1 person after the deadline, then it has to be given to the next person that asks 2 hours later, then 4 hours later, etc. It turns into a never ending cycle.
- If you email me asking to be given the sale price after the deadline, you will either not get a response or you will be given a link to this page.
- Hint: If you simply purchase the tune at full price and it's less than 24 hours after the sale deadline.....you're likely going to get money refunded which will reduce your cost close to the sale price or the exact sale price. People willing to support me when the price is higher, will be rewarded an infinite amount of times before someone who will only ever purchase something when it's discounted. People only willing to buy during sales are basically telling me "your experience & reputation mean nothing to me. if your price is higher than the other guy, I'm going to him."
- My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add my email to your contacts so my messages don't get sent to your spam folder.
- If you haven't heard from me after 3 days, feel free to email me and ask for an update. Be sure to check your SPAM folder first.
- You can also send a message on my personal FB page. https://www.facebook.com/PhatBottiTuning1/
- It likely means my responses aren't getting to you. Either my emails are getting sent to your SPAM folder or just being blocked completely.
- Certain email servers like i-cloud block my emails 99% of the time if I'm not in your contacts list.
AP Map Transfer
- Download Access Port Manager from Cobb's Website & install the program
- Plug AP into computer
- Open AP Manager
- Click Updates, then click Check for Firmware Updates and install updates
- Download the map (.ptm file) from my email to your desktop (DO NOT RENAME FILE)
- Drag map file into AP Manager
- Take AP out to car and flash map
- Select the logging parameters listed in the instruction sheet
- Do the instructed logging (usually a 5 minute cruising log and a single 3rd gear log)
- Take AP back to computer. Drag .csv log files to desktop.
- Rename the logs to cruise01 and 3rd01
- Email me the logs
- This process is repeated 5-10 times
M-F: 9am - midnight
Sat: Noon - midnight
Sun: Day off
This is not a concrete schedule, just when I am typically answering emails. Sometimes it's earlier, sometimes later. If you need special hours, just ask. I can be flexible and stay up late if I know I will be receiving logs back. HOWEVER, I do NOT schedule e-toons. I've tried it in the past, but life events, traffic, etc etc happen all the time. So I can't people specific times because if something comes up I won't be able to let everyone know I'm not available, so 20-30 people end up sitting on the side of the road for hours waiting for me to send maps.
There are 3 main categories of maps:
- Off The Shelf Maps (OTS Map) - OTS maps are 1 sized fits all "generic" maps. You get 1 revision. I personally do not like doing OTS maps because everyone lives in a different environment, uses different gas, drives differently, etc etc. The stock map and Cobb maps are 1 sized fits all maps....which is basically the reason you all do not like them. An OTS map will knock more and make less power than a full toon.
- Stock turbo - any tune utilizing the stock turbo (a SoCal v3 or any turbo with bigger wheels in it is no longer a stock turbo)
- Upgraded turbo - any non-stock turbo